SXSW V2V PanelPicker Encourages Community Engagement!
PanelPicker is a two-step online process that allows the SXSW community to have a voice in what sessions are scheduled at SXSW V2V 2015. First launched for the SXSW Interactive Festival in 2007, the PanelPicker allows the community to submit, review, comment and vote on the speaking proposals that they want to see become a part of the event.
For 2015, SXSW V2V is seeking advanced-level Panel, 20/20 Vision, Workshop, Core Conversation and Mentor Session ideas that will provide valuable information for startups and entrepreneur along the following topics:
- Business Development and Strategy | Business and revenue models, partnerships, structure, B-to-B, B-to-C, big data
- Branding and Marketing | Storytelling, brand development and management, social and marketing strategy
- Product Development and Execution | Product design and development, manufacturing, prototyping, DIY, moving to market
- Funding | Bootstrapping, crowd funding, VC/angel, finance/accelerator programs, grants/non-profit approaches
- IP, Legal and Policy | Intellectual property, legal, regulated industries, policy, reform
- Talent and Workplace | Attracting and retaining talent, workplace culture and organization, team building, team integration
- Creativity and Inspiration | Creativity, artistic vision and inspiration, art for art's sake, performing arts, new ideas
The PanelPicker Process
During the open application process, we encourage the community to upload programming and speaker proposals via the PanelPicker's simple-to-use interface. Visit the PanelPicker, read the PanelPicker FAQ and fill out the form beginning Wednesday, November 12, 2014 through Friday, December 12, 2014.
During the voting process, we ask the SXSW community to weigh in on the proposals we have received for the upcoming season. Go to the PanelPicker, create an account and get ready to vote Monday, January 12, 2015 through Friday, January 23, 2015. Each voter can vote once per proposal. Don't forget to leave a constructive comment about what you do or do not like about the proposals you vote on.
While votes from the community are important, these totals are not the only factor in deciding SXSW V2V programming. The SXSW V2V Advisory Boards and the SXSW V2V staff also play a large role in the decision-making process. Each of these three channels forms a percentage in determining the content lineup. For more information on this breakdown, visit the PanelPicker FAQ.
The PanelPicker process culminates on Monday, February 9, 2015 when we announce the majority of our daytime programming for SXSW V2V 2015, so stay tuned!
Please contact us if you have any questions.
NFL Panel Photo By Gilbert Cathillo