Enter now through Friday, April 11, 2014 for your chance to pitch your innovative product or service in front of a jury of industry luminaries and a live audience. Worst case scenario, you gain valuable feedback from a panel of professionals who are very familiar with startup pitches. Best case scenario, an Angel or corporate inverter in the audience sees your presentation and reaches out to you for more information about your idea.
All SXSW V2Venture for 2015 applications must fall within one of the following categories.
Enterprise and Smart Data Technologies
The Enterprise and Smart Data Technologies category encompasses applications and technologies that facilitate comprehension and application of information. These startups seek to improve productivity and management of data, analytics, text, documents, and engagement for business and individual use.
Entertainment and Content Technologies
The Entertainment and Content Technologies category highlights applications and technologies for gaming, music, film, television, video, news and publishing, streaming and digital storytelling, as well as new and hybrid forms of entertainment. These are reinventing the ways in which we learn, relax and enjoy our time. This category also contains technologies that focus on other cultural sectors such as sports, travel, mapping, publishing and food as they pertain to entertainment.
Health and Wearable Technologies
The Health and Wearable Technologies category focuses on patient-centric health applications and technologies that connect patients, families, physicians, pharmacists, care providers (hospitals, clinics) and benefit providers to share timely, relevant health data and drive better outcomes at affordable and sustainable cost levels.
The Social Technologies category includes applications and technologies that enable personal connections. With this category we’re looking for new and interesting uses, cases, products and services, as well as messaging that push the boundaries of how we find, follow and share our lives with others. If your business or service has a social component but is primarily focused on Entertainment, Health or Wearable Technologies, then you should enter one of these other categories instead.
Innovative World Technologies
Any creative and innovative technology that does not fit in another category is encouraged to apply here. We are currently seeing lots of innovation in the Internet of Things, payments and virtual currencies, data security and privacy, transportation such as autonomous vehicles, energy, space, robotics, and artificial intelligence, If your business / service / application applies to one of these fields (or something not on this list that is even more ground-breaking), then this is your category.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR 2015
• A company's product / service must have launched no earlier than July 22, 2014.
• A company's product / service must not be launched after October 22, 2015.
• Companies will be allowed to submit only one product or service to the SXSW V2Venture.
• Companies who submit more than one product or service will not be eligible to participate in the SXSW V2Venture.
• Founders of the applying startup must retain some portion of ownership in the company to be eligible to participate.
• Must not have raised over five million in funds from combined funding sources.
• Product or service must fall within one of the SXSW V2Venture categories.
• Companies cannot have presented in any of the following events: SXSW Accelerator, SXSW ECO Startup Showcase or LAUNCHedu pitch events.
If you have entered SXSW Interactive Accelerator, SXSWedu's LAUNCHedu and SXSW Eco's Startup Showcase, but have not been been chosen to compete, you are still eligible to enter SXSW V2Venture.