The entry deadline for V2Venture has passed. If you are interested in entering your project for 2015, review the SXSW V2Venture FAQ to learn more about the application process.
All applications for SXSW V2Venture must fall within one of the following categories:
The Education Technology category highlights applications and technologies designed to make all forms of education more accessible to a wider range of people, and that bring students and teachers closer together.
Health and Wearable Technologies
The Health and Wearable Technologies category focuses on patient-centric health applications and technologies that connect patients, families, physicians, pharmacists, care providers (hospitals, clinics) and benefit providers to share timely, relevant health data and drive better outcomes at affordable and sustainable cost levels.
Mobile and Tablet Technologies
The Mobile and Tablet Technologies category encompasses mobile applications and technologies which allow users to connect by portable devices such as tablets, phones, and other connected devices.
Culture and Entertainment Technologies
The Culture and Entertainment category includes applications and technologies for music, gaming, film, television, and digital storytelling, as well as new and hybrid forms of entertainment that are reinventing the ways in which we relax, unwind, and have fun. This category could also contain technologies that focus on other cultural sectors, such as sports, fashion and food as they pertain to entertainment and non-health related wearable technologies.
Innovative World Technologies
The Innovative World Technologies category includes applications and technologies that have the ambition to change the world as we know it. Right now we’re seeing lots of innovation in green tech, real-time search, augmented reality, the World Wide Web, artificial intelligence and the Semantic Web, recommendations technologies, personalization technologies, enterprise, and “big data”.
PLEASE NOTE: SXSW reserves the right to place company applicants in the most relevant category at SXSW's sole discretion. This includes changing an applicant's category based on response to the event and/or the applicant organization choosing a non-relevant category.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR 2014
- A company's product / service must have launched no earlier than July 16, 2013.
- A company's product / service must not be launched after October 16, 2014.
- Companies will be allowed to submit only one product or service to the SXSW V2Venture.
- Companies who submit more than one product or service will not be eligible to participate in the SXSW V2Venture.
- Founders of the applying startup must retain some portion of ownership in the company to be eligible to participate.
- Must not have raised over five million in funds from combined funding sources.
- Product or service must fall within one of the SXSW V2Venture categories.
- Companies cannot have presented in any of the following events: SXSW Accelerator, SXSW ECO Startup Showcase or LAUNCHedu pitch events.
If you have entered SXSW Interactive Accelerator, SXSWedu's LAUNCHedu and SXSW Eco's Startup Showcase, but have not been been chosen to compete, you are still eligible to enter SXSW V2Venture.